Stuffed Zucchini BlossomsPosted: August 7, 2011
Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms… Now why hadn’t I thought of this before?! It’s such an amazing concept! An edible flower, stuffed with whatever you want, then fried up and enjoyed with gusto. It’s a GREAT idea!
Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
You will need:
- zucchini flowers, cleaned and dried well
- 2 eggs, whisked
- flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cream cheese, mixed with fresh garlic and dill
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for frying
- To clean and stuff flowers: snap stems off flowers, rinse well under cool water, carefully open each flower and remove insides.
- Set aside on dry towel to dry.
- Set up your saute station: shallow wide bowl for whisked eggs, large plate for seasoned flour, large plate with paper towel for cooked flowers
- Once flowers are completely dry, carefully open and pipe cream cheese mixture into flower closing petals if you can. Use judgment on amount of cheese based on size of flower.
- Heat oil in large non stick skillet.
- Using your fingers, carefully dip each stuffed flower into egg mixture and let extra drip off.
- Place egg covered flower into flour mixture and gently toss to coat, shaking off excess flour. Place into hot oil. Continue on the next few flowers, amount depending on size of your pan, you don’t want to crowd them.
- Once flowers are browned on bottom, about 3-4 minutes, carefully flip and cook other side. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until browned and then take out and place on paper towel so that extra oil will be absorbed. Repeat until all flowers are cooked. You may have to carefully clean pan with a quick wipe from paper towel in between batches.
- Serve warm and enjoy!