British Shorthair Cat Breed
A key feature of this breed is their large head and sweet face.
British shorthair cat breed. The father of this breed is harrison wier, who is thought of as the first professional cat breeder. Its short and broad nose sits above a deep, strong chin, and along with a deep chest and short, thick tail, all convey a strong and sturdy cat.
This breed, whose appearance is much different from the brits you’ll see today, came to great britain some 2,000 years ago, courtesy of the roman empire. They love to be near you but not necessarily on you.
The british shorthair, while originally coming from the farms and streets of britain, is also considered to be the first cat of the cat fancy. In fact, this breed is sometimes referred to as the british blue.
It is believed that when the romans invaded great britain in 43 ce, they brought the cats with them. These cats share the same ancestry as the american shorthair, though when the breeds split off they also took on some distinct characteristics.
They’re mellow and will tolerate other pets, and even though they may not seek out snuggles at every opportunity, they’re happy to be scooped up for a good cuddle. Both began as working cats and weren’t appreciated as the special breeds they are for many years.
It is recognized by its curly short coat and large ears. However, they are prone to obesity as they age.
Today, the british shorthair is a really popular pet all over the world, and they can be found on virtually every. The british shorthair makes a great companion for individuals and families with children.
The british shorthair cat is recognized by the cat fanciers association (cfa), the world's largest cat organization. They have one of the first established breed standards, and individuals were exhibited in cat shows as early as 1870.
Even though the breed is characterized by its short coat, they have a tendency to shed. Their round faces, chubby cheeks, and chunky bodies make them hard to resist.
- What Breed Of Cat Is Long Haired
- What Do Cat Purring Mean
- What Color Should Cat Vomit Be
- What Do Cat Tapeworm Segments Look Like
- What Do Cats Dream About Quora
- What Breed Is My Cat Uk
- What Can Cats Eat Human Food
- What Do Cat Tail Movements Mean
- What Do Baby Sand Cats Eat
- What Cant Cats Eat Reddit
- What Causes Pinworms In Cats
- What Can Cats Not Eat Reddit
- What Do Cat Worms Look Like
- What Did Alinity Do To Her Cat
- What Cats Eat In Veg
- What Cats See Vs What Humans See
- What Breed Is A Tabby Orange Cat
- What Breed Of Cat Is A Tuxedo Cat
- What Do Cats Dream About When Sleeping
- What Cats Are Kid Friendly